March 9, 2020

For the love of Modern Farmhouse

Modern Farmhouse design is all the rage right now, thanks to Chip and JoAnna Gaines. I could sit and watch HGTV all day when their show use to come on, I loved watching them transform houses into cozy homes. I love the modern farmhouse design, because while it is warm and inviting with cozy details and a mix of modern with old woods and textiles, it is also bright and airy with clean lines. We are in the process of remodeling our 1960's ranch home and even though we have a ways to go and my wanted to share with you a few decor pieces that I have started with to begin my modern farmhouse journey.
 In our dining room we are going to be taking out a wall to open up the kitchen to our dining area and installing all new cabinets, counter tops, appliances, etc. it should make the space feel more open and I plan on going with white cabinets and grey tones, as our house doesn't have a lot of natural light. 
Here is our bar cart that I purchased online, it is part of our decor, but doubles as an adult beverage cart for entertaining or to hold kid friendly drinks and snack for birthday parties, it was one of my favorite purchases. 
Our walls are currently sage green on top and red on bottom, I have future plans of removing all the chair railing trim and painting the walls a light grey and replacing the laminate flooring with real hardwood floors once we get our demo done and start on our kitchen.

 
 When putting together a centerpiece for our dining room table, I wanted something simple, but inviting. I tried several different options, until I decided on this one. I love this one because I think it looks nice, but I also love it because it cost next to nothing to put together. The wooden tray was on clearance at our local department store for $8, the candles and candle sticks as well as the wooden "home" sign came from a local dollar store and the faux plant came from another discount overstock seller, the total centerpiece arrangement was less than $40, now that's a win.win in my book!

I am always looking for my next great find!
Show me what great Modern Farmhouse finds you have came across!



No comments:

Post a Comment


View more gifts at Zazzle.