October 15, 2018

Quick & Easy DIY Baby Blankets

I have exciting news! I'm going to be a Mimi!!! That's right my first born is becoming a mother, so soon in fact, today is her actual due date [eek!] but of course here we are still waiting, she hasn't dilated any and hasn't had much pain at all so, we are going in for another ultrasound tomorrow and they are going to schedule an inducement date. They are estimating the baby weighing close to eight pounds, but we shall see.

 In preparation for the arrival of our first grand baby, I've been looking up easy baby blankets to make and came across a few great ideas that I wanted to pass along to you, I am also currently working on a hand crocheted baby blanket, but it is taking me some time. I wanted to find some projects that I could make quicker and the internet did not disappoint, all of these use the same principle, just some different sizing and of course different fabric ideas, whether you are looking to make a cotton, fleece or minky blanket there is easy step by step instructions that even the most inexperienced person behind the sewing machine should be able to make one of these. 
Give them a try and if you like, send me a picture of your finished blanket, I'd love to see what fabric choices you use.


This blanket is super cute, I love the woodsy design, perfect for a little boy. This receiving blanket is the perfect blanket for swaddling your little guy, visit Shelly at Coral + Co. Modern Sewing to get the tutorial to make this cute blanket in 10 minutes!!!!
https://www.coralandco.com/blog/2016/3/easy-diy-baby-swaddle-blanket-pattern-and-tutorial.html
This image is property of  Coral + Co. Modern Sewing


 How stinking cute are these? 
Kate over at SeeKateSew shows us how to make these adorable blankets in no time at all and she adds a little extra something special with extra fabric that she ties them up with in a bow and has a handmade little tag that just finishes them off perfectly...
what a great gift to make and give.  
To get a step by step tutorial and see more from Kate, give her a visit at SeeKateSew
Image Courtesy of seekatesew~all rights reserved
Those tags add the perfect touch!
Image Courtesy of seekatesew~all rights reserved    


Minky Baby Blankets are one of my favorites, because they are so soft and warm and are the perfect blanket to lay over your infant's car carrier when taking them out of the car and into the store or house to keep the cold winter wind off of them or a great blanket to lay them on for some tummy time, they are just super soft and cuddly and wonderfully warm. 

To find out just how easy it is to make your own minky baby blanket, head on over to suzyquilts 
to get a detailed instructions! 

I hope that you visit these lovely sites suggested and make your own baby blankets, either for your little one or to give as a gift, now, I've got to get busy making my soon to be grandson his first blanket from his Mimi.  

See ya soon,
Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment


View more gifts at Zazzle.